Friday 1 August 2014

Orks: Warboss

Evening guys, a bonus update for the week tonight.

Nife in his on going quest to get me to buy stuff and bitter due to me talking him into infinity and him failing to get me to pledge to zombicide season 3 concocted an evil scheme. He bought the stormclaw boxset to boost his space wolves and then shamelessly offered me the orks at a very good price.

He won and I shall be taking them off his hands next weekend, so looks like I shall be doing a small zone mortallis Ork force and by small I mean small will likely be mainly Nobz, a unit of shootas and then the kans from the set and possibly a dread.

I have ordered some 2nd hand bits and pieces off Ebay as well as some stuff on sprue all in the effort of keeping costs to a minimum. After a rummage around I managed to find the black reach Ork warboss that I had converted and painted many moons ago.

Needless to say he was stripped of paint and I went to work on him:





As big as the model is I wanted him to be slightly more imposing so his height has been increased by 2mm at the knees. In a departure from my normal way of doing things these orks will be themed to be fighting Nifes wolves. If you look closely you will see the warboss has a wolf pelt, combat blade and even his custom shoota sports a wolf guard stormbolter as part of it.

I shall be continuing with subtle themes like this across the force, though these guys will be a background project mainly to give me a break from the more clean painting style of Infinity and my Tau. so expect grubby orks with a more gritty green skin colour.

Thats it for this small update, normal service will resume on Sunday

2 comments:

  1. Very cool idea. I like how you'll be integrating such ideas across the entire force. Green stuff work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers dude, I hope that because I'm only doing a small force I'll be able to integrate a lot of the ideas without duplicating the same thing too many times. Guess the trick is to make them look like trophies an not like its equipment thats been looted blood axe or death skull style.

    ReplyDelete