Thursday 22 November 2012

WiP: Corsair Sorcerer Conversion

Good afternoon guys,

Its update time again :-) , after a month or so off from working on the Red Corsairs Im back to preparing the next batch for painting. this being the slowest part the conversion work.

Now the next batch of stuff I will be preparing is an additional 250pts ready for the next meet up at WHW with Rictus and Nife, that 250pts roughly works out to:
  • 3 Terminators
  • 5 Plague marines
  • Sorcerer(so I can swap between him and the normal lord)

I will be working on some Raptors, Cultists and another tactical sized squad of corsairs at the same time.

Anyway to the point of this update, pictures:




This is based on the Dark Vengeance Librarian, hes been true scaled in line with the rest of my corsairs, I've swapped the arm out to give him a bit more of an open pose I've kept the force weapon from the base model and started to add some flames to it. I wasnt't a fan of the original head so have given him a helmet taken from one of the chosen.

Over all I'm rather happy with how hes turned out, just a case of finishing him off now :)


16 comments:

  1. Looking nice. I am liking the tortured souls in the flames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That. Is. Great! Love it, great use of the different DV pieces! Agree that the faces in the flames are fantastic, really help make the model stand apart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude, gotta love the DV stuff, currently converting the terminators to chaos. Biggest challenge for me is using the chosen though they are so mutated compared to the style my corsairs are, might have to use them as allied Word Bearers or other original traitor legionnaires :)

      Delete
  3. Great looking figure mate so far. Look forward to seeing him finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed. I remember seeing your work back at the Ammo Bunker events many years ago. Now subscribed to your blog :)

    -Adam
    Eldar Craftworld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you Adam you were Darkseer on AB weren't you? Think that was the first AB meet up I attended.

      Delete
    2. Yep, that's me!

      I've added your blog to my blogroll. Would you be kind enough to add my eldar blog back?

      I remember being blown away by your miniatures back then. Great to see that you're going from strength to strength :)

      Delete
    3. I'm sure I can do that :)

      Cheers sir, I'm still quite a fan of your Tau looking forward to seeing what you do with the Eldar

      Delete
  5. Lovely work mate, i like all the little details like thee faces in the flame and thee star thingy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thank you kiwi, how about you actually get your act together and post some models up instead of sitting playing minecraft ;)

      Delete
    2. Pfft, haven't played minecraft in afew months. *shakes fist at GW2* :P

      Delete
  6. Cheers for all the comments guys :)

    Looking forard to getting this guy painted up now, might even send a pic or across to WD daily as im rather proud of him

    ReplyDelete
  7. So he's looking great, I love the faces in the flames, very chaotic!!!

    ReplyDelete