Sunday 26 July 2015

Stormcast Eternal

Evening guys and girls, apologies for my absence the past weeks had a few things on my plate in real life.

So today sees me entering rocky territory, never in all my years in this hobby have I seen the level of sheer hatred and venom online that the Age of Sigmar release has caused. I watched it from a distance having only a passing interest in fantasy, I figured I would wait and see how it turned out.

Having read a lot of the fluff I must say I don't mind it, certainly a blank canvas to work with and has actually captured my imagination. Its been a long time since GW did that for me, its been more the territory of Mantic and Corvus Belli over recent years.

Now at the FW open day I had a good look at the models and really liked them, the stormcast eternals heavily remind me of the Angels from the Darksiders series of games (HERE) I  loved the art style of that series.

Now one of my normal partners in crime appeared at this point. Nife wanted the chaos models to paint so it was agreed that we would split a starter set. As it turns out we have both bought a starter set............





This has been really fun to work on, I've never painted a model virtually entirely in metallic. I have tried to go a bit darker and grittier on these instead of the ultra bright gold of the GW studio ones. A nice turquoise for colour and we are all good.

I've added some broken arrows, blood and cut some damage into the shield again to help with the more gritty aspect.

I will be working gradually on the sigmar side of the starter over the coming months, will use them as  a test bed for some techniques I want to try.

However I am off to Scotland tomorrow for the wedding of a very good friend of mine High Marshal Dave, so will be a week or so before any more painting progress will be made. Until then feel free to let me know what you think :)

3 comments:

  1. nicely done. a little different from the ones ive seen the last 2 weeks or so. but liking the more battle worn look over the super shiny sparkling angel types ive seen so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very good, though I think the turquoise area of the shield lets it down a bit, not the colour but it looks flat with a couple of odd grey patches, the lightning bolts look a bit off as well. Rest of the model does very good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold and turquoise? Looking good so far mate!

    As Matt's said, make the shield pop a little more, and it'll be all done.

    Look forward to seeing the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete